Monday, July 05, 2010

My DIY turntable has been spinning almost every night lately. It’s a joy to listen to and aesthetically it is also pleasing to look at. I’ve already installed a 2nd arm, Mission L74 with Nagaoka 110 cartridge. Now with 2 arms, it looks more “high end”, at least to me.
I am happy with this first DIY project.


Now, thinking of building a Horn Speaker using a full range driver. After some googling on the internet, I thought the Rear Horn enclosure designed by Fostex would be a better choice in terms of simplicity to build and its aesthetic look apart from it being acoustically tested.


Something like this. But this is Jericho Horn.



A timber supplier near home has agreed to cut the planks to size for a minimal sum. The question now is whether I am confident to build it as I do not have any formal woodworking background. A friendly forumer from an Audio forum has also agreed to build it for me for a sum.

If I want to save on cost, I have to take the risk building it.
If I want to ensure the project to be successful, then someone with skill needs to build it. But this may push the cost 80-90 % more. Urghhhhhhh…….

No comments: