Thursday, July 28, 2011

A short break from worklife

Since 7 July I managed quite a fair bit of activities.
1. Manage to spray lacquer my Back Loaded Horn speaker
2. Spray painted my DIY acoustic panels
3. Rearranged my hifi equipment
4. Re sleeved about 100 pcs of LPs (another 300 pcs on waiting list)
5. Did some shifting of the furniture at home
6. DIY shelving for flower pots (yet to be installed)
7. Archiving pix of UK trips for video slide
8. Twice a week of golfing with buddies
9. Removed that prominent feature
10. Family gathering and khenduri
11. Visit my paternal grandmother’s village in Johor (I mean its vicinity)
12. Replaced my damaged car plate

This ‘own time own target’ will soon end. Meanwhile, I’ll just relax and enjoy the free time.

The fully lacquered Back Loaded Horn speaker with its base.


The set up with the DIY acoustic panel against the rear wall.

13 July 2011 at Palm Villa











18 July 2011 at Daiman 20 July 2011 at Daiman



Family gathering with siblings and cousins on 16 July at Aloha Changi



Yesterday I drove to Kampung Perigi Aceh. It is situated near the Tg Putri Golf Course. Next to this village was once a plantation area called Kampung Kopok where my paternal grandma once lived. Kampung Kopok was demolished in the early 80s to make way for the Tg Langsat Industrial Park and the residents were relocated to a place near Masai renamed Kampung Kopok Bahru. There were about 100 families in the old village and most of them were related to my family.

The pix below were taken at the Kampung Perigi Aceh. The river is about 1 km away from my Grand Ma's house. My dad used to take a boat from Changi to this river in the 50s and walked to my Grand Ma's place


No comments: