Sunday, February 15, 2009

Created an account in facebook last week end. Still familiarising with the format. Hehe me, a bit slow I guess. Anyway, tried searching for long lost friends etc, etc and still searching. Some had familiar names but no response to "add friend". Perhaps its "wrong number".

Managed to connect with a former student from USTS but not from the same cohort though. Nevertheless, its nice to know someone associated to the same school you were once studying in. Thanks Dalina.

Today I attended a wedding reception near my place. Good food, good decor and accompanied by good music as well. The buffet table was nicely decorated and the waiters were in uniform. Everything was well done.

This reminds me of the old days where a wedding event was a "gotong-royong" thingy. This is the time when relatives and close friends would come by to help the host...from cooking to serving the guests. Everyone in the family and kampong plays a part.

This concept is hard to apply in todays context. The spirit of gotong-royong has watered down simply because more and more couples are working and any free time available will be spent with the kids. Thus people have no time for others.

But not to worry, we will leave this to the wedding planner. The result and presentation is more professional except....we need a bigger budget. On a positive side.......we are helping the economy and more jobs will be created.
Talking about global recession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was not from USTS but I always passed by the school last time....perhaps I may have seen you....cos u cam familiar gitu....hehehe....for that matter, I seem to have passed many schools in sg....hehehe...a good ice-breaker ehhh???? Im not dalina, Im angelina....