Monday, July 27, 2009

After more then 2 months of designing, sourcing and testing some of the parts, finally the last component (bearing) arrived last week.
Without delaying further, I get all the parts cleaned and assembled them last Friday. After more then 2 hours, I managed to fit all parts together despite having the plinth built locally much earlier.

Last Saturday I was on it again at midnight. This time trying to get it running. However, it was a disappointment. I couldn’t get the speed right. Adjustments were made on the distance between motor and platter but to no avail. By then it was almost 3 am. Packed and go to sleep.

Problems were posted on the local hifi website for assistance, unfortunately it went down yesterday. Sigh….

This morning, I wrote to the supplier and was told that the speed can be adjusted via 2 screws on the top plate of the motor.
Hahahahahahaha felt so stuuuuuuuupeeeeeed. Anyway, I will look into it tomorrow.

Some pics to share.












No comments: