Friday, July 31, 2009

ITS SPINNING NOW

I was a bit frustrated when I couldn’t get the motor works at the correct speed. This was after being told about the adjustment screws on the top plate of the motor pod.

After some adjustment, the speed gets even faster as if the platter gonna fly off. This is supposed to be a turntable and not a flying saucer.

I gave up and called a friend at the Adelphi. He said I could have blown up the potentiometer for over adjusting. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyway, brought it to him last night and voila……………it does work. I adjusted correctly but wrongly. Got it? OK lah, it does not matter now, as long as it works. Thanks for your magic, Adrian.

Have been spinning it since last night and am still spinning as I wrote this. Very happy with my first project. The next one would be a horn speaker. Don't know when lah. Some pics to share.








On the left is a collector's item direct drive Luxman PD 121 with a Stax arm and on the right is my favourite Sota Saphire suspended turntable with a Luxman arm.

I hope these set up will keep me happy for the next three years.

No comments: